Thursday, March 25, 2010

Come with me and join Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at home mom for Cooking Thursday, formerly Slow Cooking Thursdays

This week I had a ROAST and didn't know what to do with it, I searched and searched and came across this recipe that seemed to catch my eye and my stomach, I know that many of us buy different type of meats if your anything like you always seem to be at the grocery store when your hungry which is normally why I over shop for stuff. My hubby doesn't normally care to much for Roast but I was determined to get his seal of approval on this recipe. The best of both of his worlds, coffee and meat, OKAY I know before the name scares you away look at the yummy photo I posted. It was so easy to make it took me 10 minutes to prep and in the slow cooker it went.

Slow -Cooked Coffee Beef Roast

PREP TIME: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
I have to make sure that I post that this recipe works best with DAY OLD COFFEE we all know that most of us forget to drain that coffee pot from the day before now instead of wasting it we can put it to good use.
1 boneless beef sirlion tip roast (2-1/2 pounds), cut in half
2 teaspoons canola oil
1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup sliced green onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cups brewed coffee (day old works best)
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, Optional
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water

In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium-high heat. Place in a 5-qt slow cooker
In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until tender;stir in coffee, Liquid Smoke if desired, salt, chili powder, and pepper. Pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup;skim fat
In a saucepan combine cornstarch and water until smooth, Gradually stir in 2 cups cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over sliced beef

YIELD: 6 Servings

Nutritional Facts
3 Ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup gravy equals
209 calories
7 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
82 mg cholesterol
244 mg sodium
6 g carbohydrate
28 g protein
Recipe courtsey of taste of home

Photobucket



Photobucket

2 comments:

Sandra said...

YUM, roast and coffee all in the same pot, sounds good to me :)

Unknown said...

Ohhh - your roast looks so yummy. This is making me hungry and wishing I had gotten a roast out for dinner ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, We love your feedback and taking the time to stop by and stitch a few.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails