Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trash to treasure

Tip Junkie handmade projects

Sew... what has everyone been up to the last few months? I have been slowly tackling those little household projects that don't ever seem to go anywhere. Last summer my mom and I went to a yard sale and we came across this wonderful step stool, My grandmother had one and I just knew that I had to have it...

It has potential

the demolition

I knew that it needed to be recovered but for the past year it has looked like the trash pile was a better place for it, Instead of a Booster, C-bug uses this as her seat for dinner, so I knew I needed to get motivated and recover it before she was 12... LOL

So here is the kitchen table... a little messy but I figured I better bite the bullet so I went into the studio and remembered that I had got some Oil Cloth a few months ago super cheap and I had just enough to refinish this chair. I wanted something FUN that said Girl but at the same time fit my personality.....

The finished project it took me about 10 minutes to refinish it WOW why did I wait so long, hubby loved it because I added more padding to the seat and the Oil Cloth is easy to wipe which  makes it easy to clean after dinner no more looking at the torn rusted seat.


I think C-bug Likes it and that's all that matters. I would love to see some of your finished projects so feel free to link up and let me see what crafty goodness you all have come up with.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, We love your feedback and taking the time to stop by and stitch a few.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails